Friday, December 16, 2011

The Solfeggio scale. Myth or reality?

Many people ask me if I use the solfeggio frequencies. I don't.
Also many ask if I have tried them or "researched" them. I have.
I have never had any effect or result from using them, and I have REALLY tried it.


(It is not me in this video)

Personally I find the story a bit strange about how some monks "knew" about this in ancient times, hundreds or maybe a thousand years ago.

The Solfeggio story states:


"These original sound frequencies were apparently used in Ancient Gregorian Chants, such as the great hymn to St. John the Baptist, along with others that church authorities say were lost centuries ago. The chants and their special tones were believed to impart tremendous spiritual blessings when sung in harmony during religious masses. These powerful frequencies were rediscovered by Dr. Joseph Puleo as described in the book Healing Codes for the Biological Apocalypse by Dr. Leonard Horowitz. I give honor to both of these gentleman for the part they’ve played in helping return these lost frequencies back to humanity.
The Six Solfeggio Frequencies include:

UT – 396 Hz – Liberating Guilt and Fear
RE – 417 Hz – Undoing Situations and Facilitating Change
MI – 528 Hz – Transformation and Miracles (DNA Repair)
FA – 639 Hz – Connecting/Relationships
SOL – 741 Hz – Awakening Intuition
LA – 852 Hz – Returning to Spiritual Order
For example, the third note, frequency 528, relates to the note MI on the scale and derives from the phrase "MI-ra gestorum" in Latin meaning "miracle." Stunningly, this is the exact frequency used by genetic biochemists to repair broken DNA – the genetic blueprint upon which life is based! "


The obvious question for anyone who reads this should be: How did THEY know what Hz any tone was?
Hz (hertz) can be measured and controlled today but there certainly was no way of doing this back in that time. Impossible. Also, the notes, when played in a scale doesn't make sense. If we take "UT - 396 Hz" and transpose the tone one octave up, we get  783 Hz. Yet, the last note in the Solfeggio scale for the original octave is 852 Hz. That means that when we play the notes in order and get to "LA - 852 Hz", the NEXT tone (= the first tone on the next octave) is 114 Hz LOWER. Imagine playing a piano note by note and suddenly the next tone you play is LOWER than the last note you played. 


I just can not find any way that this would make any sense. Using these solfeggio NUMBERS in sacred geometry makes sense, but that they should have been used on some ancient tonal scale that was forgotten for a thousand years or something like that is in my current opinion pure nonsense.
The sad part is that people really buy in to this and start creating soundtracks and videos on youtube using this scale and state that the sound will do everything from repairing DNA to liberating us from fear. I never felt anything like that. I've REALLY tried it.


I have also really looked for any support of the claim that scientists can repair DNA using a 528 Hz frequency. No one seems to ever have heard of such a thing, so how could it be a common knowledge amongst genetic biochemists that they use this 528Hz frequency to repair DNA? It isn't!
If it is, then please give me the contact details to a genetic biochemist who does this, because I have not heard of a single one.
I DID see a biochemist comment on this in a forum and he said he had never ever heard of or used anything like that.


So this solfeggio musical scale seems like a really pretty story, but I can not see any truth in it.
If I am wrong, please contact me and share your knowledge.


Many who are in to the solfeggio stuff love numerology and believe in it's power. Well did you know that the number 666 ("the number of the beast") is the result of the solfeggio scale numbers? If you do like this, it is exactly what you get:




So, judge for yourself. What I want with this post is to ask people to think, evaluate and maybe do some research before accepting things. 


Am I right or wrong about this? I'm not sure, but I have yet to see, experience or find anything that supports the claims of the miracles of the solfeggio scale, only the opposite.


(Not my video, I would have used a friendlier language :-) )

2 comments:

  1. And you know what, Marcus. If you say you really tried, then I certainly believe you. Best wishes to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete